Tuesday, July 12, 2011

EMT Love

I don't know where to start or how to put this in perspective;
Go on offensive and form a directive, however ineffective;
My chest seems heavy, hand so steady;
For anything, and any reason I just seem so ready.
I could dig in and massage my beating heart,
destroy anything attempting to pull us apart.
If I look you in your eyes and tell you I love you more,
so much more than before,
would i just be a bore?
add to routine and feel like a chore?
I can feel excitement emptying from every pore.
You're keeping me alive, just be my paramedic;
Or better yet, my nurse;
I'm just being playful, trust me, i'm not trying to perverse;
You can't perverse perfection;
or misinterpret misdirection.
I'd rather thank you for loving me without exception;
Without expectation
I just want to return the favor;
I could eat you up, you're such a life saver.
I'm struggling to put this correctly;
Do you even get it if I don't tell you directly?
I feel so strongly, the words just fall apart;
so I guess we'll just go back to the start.
Cuz I love the part where you're the one holding my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment